How do you bandage a manatee or sedate a 50-ton whale? Throughout his career, University of Florida professor Mike Walsh and his colleagues have invented countless ways to heal stranded, sick, orphaned or injured aquatic creatures.
The University of Florida's bowl matchup with the University of Virginia Dec. 30 is a clash of academic powerhouses: The Capital One Orange Bowl is the only New Year's Six game to pair two schools ranked as Top 10 public universities for academics.
President Fuchs addressed bachelor's, master's and specialist graduates at a ceremony at the O'Connell Center December 14.
Berta Esperanza Hernandez-Truyol is a professor of law and an internationally renowned human rights scholar who utilizes an interdisciplinary and international framework to promote human well-being around the globe.
As Florida’s unemployment rate reached a historic low, consumer sentiment among Floridians increased in December by seven-tenths of a point to 100.1 from November’s revised figure of 99.4. Similarly, consumer sentiment at the national level increased in December.
Consumer sentiment among Floridians increased in November 3.2 points to 99.3 from October’s revised figure of 96.1.
- A decade of change in college admission Forbes
- Our fear facer makes a new friend The New York Times
- Exotic new vanilla crop could put Florida on world spice map Miami Herald
- New research identifies possible mass graves from 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre NPR
- How a closed-door meeting shows farmers are waking up on climate change Politico
- Bats play key pollinating role for durians The New York Times
- Cookie-cutter suburbs could help spread sustainable yards Scientific American
- Researchers discover unexpectedly large black hole Geek.com
- (Almost) nothing can stop bacterium decimating Florida's oranges AFP
- A year in which the IPO market sobered up Financial Times
- Loss prevention expert weighs in on retail theft spike CBC
- The advice to 'just eat oysters in months with an R' is 4,000 years old, researchers say Vice
- States brace for massive voter turnout in 2020 The Hill
- Physicists just created the most detailed simulation of the universe in history Live Science
- What’s the harm in posting about our kids on social media? Motherly